Start Your Own Fundraiser
The Foundation relies on support from our community to fund priority healthcare needs for all Cape Bretoners.
Thanks to your support, Cape Bretoners are able to get world-class care, right here at home!
Each year, the Foundation is very fortunate to receive many inquiries from groups, businesses and individuals wishing to organize third party events in support of the Regional Hospital. The Foundation is grateful to have been the beneficiary of many diverse events, including motorcycle rallies, curling tournaments, fishing derbies, car shows, and much more.
A third party event is a fundraiser that supports the Foundation, but is coordinated by volunteers, groups, organizations and businesses. The Foundation provides advice and support when possible, but doesn’t play an active role in organizing or planning the fundraiser.
Please complete our Event Registration Form below as the first step in planning your event and read our Foundation’s Third Party Event Handbook on our Third Party event guidelines and polices.
See our Third Party Handbook by clicking here.
The Foundation will review your proposal to ensure it is in line with our mission and values, and will get back to you within 1-2 business days.
The Foundation can provide the following support:
- Provide a letter of support to validate the authenticity of the event
- Promote your event on the Upcoming Community Events page of the Foundation website
- When possible, promote your event on our hospital televisions
- Provide and approve use of our logo, when appropriate
- Providing Foundation materials, including newsletters, donation cards and pledge sheets
- Offer advice on event planning
- Inviting you to announce the amount you raised through media related recognition.
- Recognizing your contribution through social media
- Listing your fundraiser on our Upcoming Community Events webpage, Facebook and Twitter accounts
- Accepting a cheque at your event or at a later date, when possible.
- Issuing tax receipts if applicable, as per Canada Revenue Agency policies
We are here to support you. However, here are some services we are unable to help you with:
- Fund or reimburse any of the event expenses
- Share our mailing list of donors or volunteers
- Insurance or liability coverage
- Create a website for your event
- Guarantee staff or volunteer support and/or attendance at your event
- Provide applications for permits, insurance
- Provide prizes, auction items, awards
- Assistance with corporate sponsorships
- Assistance with ticket sales for your event
- Guarentee any Publicity (e.g. newspaper, radio, television)
If you have any questions please contact us at 902.567.7752 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To get started, click here.
Thank you again for your support.
2020 Rotary’s RibFest Cape Breton Postponed
CAPE BRETON, N.S - This summer’s Rotary Ribfest, originally scheduled for July 21-23rd in Open Hearth Park will not be held this year. In light...
NuStar Energy Presents $110,000 Cheque for Cancer Patient Care Fund and Caleb’s Courage
CAPE BRETON, N.S – Nustar Energy, located in Point Tupper, Nova Scotia, presented a cheque Friday for $110,000 to support children with...