Where Your Money Goes
With every gift you make to the Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation, you help strengthen the health of Cape Bretoners.
The Foundation relies on ongoing support from our donors and community to fund the healthcare needs of Cape Bretoners. Your donations fund equipment, renovations and programs that aren’t funded by government and wouldn’t be funded without your support.
Quite simply, you help deliver excellence in healthcare.
Our donors have had an incredible impact on Cape Breton. Thanks to our donors:
- 150-200 patients are treated in the Cape Breton Cancer Centre each day
- Up to 30 cancer patients receive financial assistance each month for medical-related expenses through the Cancer Patient Care Fund
- 1,800 children are cared for in the Pediatrics Unit each year for everything from broken bones to serious illnesses, like cancer
- 850-950 babies are delivered at the Regional Hospital each year
- 300 pre-mature and ill babies receive life-saving care in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit each year
- We have a new state-of-the-art OR Suite, where surgeons can perform less invasive operations, reducing recovery time and hospital stays
- For the first time, we are funding programs and needs for Mental Health and Addiction Services, including an at-risk-youth outreach program
- We are currently fundraising for 'Operation Heart' a campaign focused on cardiac care and the operating room
These services and programs wouldn't be available without donor support.
Please make your gift today. Until no patient needs us, we need you.