The Cape Breton Regional Hospital opened its doors in 1995, after a decade of fundraising and lobbying. Now, it is the second largest acute care facility in Nova Scotia, with more than 200,000 patient visits each year.
The Cape Breton Regional Hospital is here for all Cape Bretoners. It is the only hospital in the province to treat patients of all ages, from their first breath to their last.
Wherever you live now, if you are from Cape Breton, your family or loved ones will rely on the Regional Hospital at some point in their life.
The Regional Hospital offers world-class care and is home to several specialized departments, like the:
- Cape Breton Cancer Centre, which treats 150-200 patients each day
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, which cares for 300 pre-mature and ill babies each year
- Pediatrics Unit, which 1,800 children rely on each year for specialized care
- Renal Dialysis Unit, which provides life-saving care to 50 patients each day
- Intensive Care Unit/Coronary Care Unit, where more than 1,100 patients are cared for each year
- Palliative Care Unit, which provides end of life care
- Mental Health and Addiction Services, which makes more than 50,000 patient contacts each year
- And more…
When you donate to the Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation, you can trust that your donations will strengthen the health of Cape Bretoners.
Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation Annual General Meeting
We will be celebrating our Annual General Meeting on March 23rd at the Cape Breton Regional Hospital Cafeteria.
Join us to learn how your...
We're Hiring: Seeking a Communications Officer at the Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation
The Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation is seeking a qualified professional to fill the role of Communications Officer.
The Cape Breton...