Cancer Centre Fundraising Update

As many of you know, we have been fundraising for a life-saving piece of equipment in the Cape Breton Cancer Centre – a new Linear Accelerator. This machine delivers radiation therapy to more than 30 patients a day. Without it, patients would have to travel off-island for care.

The government is funding 75% of the cost of this nearly $4 million equipment, and the Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation is funding the remaining 25% - a whopping $937,000.

Your donations to the Cape Breton Cancer Centre ensure that Cape Bretoners can be treated at home during their sickest days.

Thanks to you, our donors, we have been raising funds over the last year for the new Linear Accelerator and we are happy to report that we have $441,505 left to raise! We need your help getting there.

If you or someone you know has needed the Cancer Centre, helping to purchase the new Linear Accelerator is the perfect way to give back. Your gift will support patients in the Cape Breton Cancer Centre for the next 12 years (the life of the machine).

Until no patient needs us, we need you. Make your gift today.

#Help30Capers

Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation to Celebrate National Philanthropy Day by Saying Thank You
SYDNEY, N.S – On November 15th and 16th, the Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation will say “thank you” to donors as part of the...


Record Breaking RadioDay in Support of Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation Raises $1,016,697.00
SYDNEY, N.S – October 5th, the Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation, in partnership with 101.9 The Giant and New Country 103.5 broke...



@BecauseUCare RT @BRASCO23: congrats to @MarkInglisPR on your Vital Award, well deserved! @BecauseUCare is proud of you and lucky to have you on our tea…