Seeking Summer Student - Communications & Event Administrative Assistant
Communications and Event Administrative Assistant
The Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation is seeking a student to fill the role of Communications and Event Assistant.
This is an eight week position starting July 5th, 2016.
The Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation is an integral part of the health care community in our region, ensuring that critical equipment and services are available to residents of Cape Breton. As a registered not-for-profit, since 1995 in partnership with the community, the Foundation has raised more than $35,000,000 to purchase priority equipment and fund facility upgrades.
The Communications and Event Assistant will assist with a wide range of projects and activities, including communication support, event assistance, online marketing and social media coordination, volunteer coordination and administrative duties as required.
- Developing stories for print and online use
- Developing website content
- Coordinating social media campaigns
- Providing communications and event support for the 3rd annual Because You Care Cup
- Volunteer coordination for third party events and Foundation-run events
- Day-of event support
- Preparing news releases and media advisories
- Assisting with the campaign for the 9th annual Cape Breton Cares Radiothon
- Developing a float for the CBRM’s Action Week activities to promote the Foundation
- Assist with daily office duties, data entry and administrative support as required
- Online marketing experience, including social media coordination
- Tech-savvy and strong computer skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Superior time management skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work well in a team environment or independently
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Outgoing and friendly personality
- Previous experience in a non-profit organization would be an asset
- Currently enrolled in post-secondary education (business, marketing, or public relations)
- Must be a full-time student in 2016 and will be returning in 2017
- Must have completed two or more years of post-secondary education
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 30
- Ability to work on evenings and weekends
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
Interested applicants should submit their Curriculum Vitae and cover letter no later than Monday, June 6th at 4:00pm.
Salary: $12.50/hr for 35 hours per week
Applications can be submitted to:
By mail: Attention: Kelsea MacNeil
Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation
45 Weatherbee Road, Suite 209
Sydney, NS B1M OA1
In person: The Foundation Office on the main floor of the Cape Breton Regional Hospital
Only those selected for an interview will be notified.
Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applicants to self identify their priority status in their application.