YOUR DOLLARS AT WORK
Your Donations Keep more Cape Bretoners Home for Care
When you trust the Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation with your donations, you are helping purchase the equipment doctors and nurses need to provide the best care to their patients. You also increase the level of specialized services available at the Regional Hospital, such as cancer and palliative care.
Since 1991, thanks to the generosity of the community, more than $19 million has been raised to purchase equipment and complete enhancements to the Regional Hospital.
Some of the past projects our community has made possible include:
- The expanision of the Cape Breton Cancer Centre, which now provides radiation therapy to 97% of cancer patient at home in Cape Breton
- The creation of the An Cala Palliative Care Unit, which is a comforting place for patients who need pain management or end of life care
- The purchase of a $600,000 state-of-the-art monitoring system for the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, which allows doctors and nurses to properly monitor the more 300 pre-mature and ill babies who rely on this Unit every year
- The purchase of a MRI and Bone Densitometer for the Cape Breton Regional Hospital
- The purchase of critical and specialized pieces of equipment for the Pediatrics unit, Renal Dialysis Unit, Harris Emergency Department and the Intensive Care Unit.
For more information on some of the projects and equipment funded by the Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation, please click here.
To view a full list of the 2012 Priority Equipment Needs, click here.
Play Fore Kids
On Friday, July 26th, join the Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation and the YMCA of Cape Breton for the 2nd Annual Play Fore Kids Charity Golf Tournament at The Lakes Golf Club. Support two of Cape Breton’s largest charities through one event and help us take steps forward in children’s health! Last year, this tournament sold out, hosting 144 players from Cape Breton’s business community. All proceeds raised support the Pediatrics Unit at the Regional Hospital and the YMCA’s children’s programs.
For more information, click here.