In 11 years, our radio events have raised more than $7,000,000 in support of healthcare in Cape Breton.
Your donations have an incredible impact on our community, allowing more Cape Bretoners to get the care they need at home, near their family and friends.
We are counting on your support to fund these critical needs and strengthen the health of Cape Bretoners!
On October 3rd, 2019, the Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation celebrated Radioday 2019 in support of Cape Breton's new cancer centre.
This is Cape Breton’s most successful and highest profile fundraising event of the year.
On RadioDay, we heard from amazing people like Brenda McCarthy, Dinah McNeil, Danielle MacKinnon-Allen and more. Last we heard from Harland Fraser, Ellen MacKenzie and Jason Fedora. Their cancer battles are truly amazing and our fundraising priority at this year’s RadioDay is cancer care in Cape Breton. Click to see some of Brenda'story here.
Thanks to MECO Construction DKI and Jim Sampson Motors, last year's donations between 8:00 – 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. were matched, up to $10,000 in EACH HOUR.
Also, on RadioDay, our Sydney Credit Union Changemakers came in in with their bags full, ready to make some real change in Cape Breton. So, if you see any friends, family or neighbors asking for some change, make sure you drop in a few coins, you’ll be supporting important cancer care in Cape Breton.
Help us keep patients home for their healthcare journey.
On RadioDay 2020, we'll be partnering with 101.9 The GIANT and New Country 1035 to raise funds, raise awareness and raise FUN.
We need you to give back this year. Giving back to your community shows that you care and invests in your own community.
The event will run from 6:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. at Cabot House, 500 Kings Rd, Sydney, N.S.
RadioDay 2020 is a day to give back where you live and prove that Cape Breton cares about their own community.
Help us keep patients home for their healthcare journey and remember that until no patient needs us, we need you.
POWER HOURS 2019
From 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m., all funds raised will be matched by up to $10,000 by Meco Construction DKI.
From 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m., all funds raised will be matched by up to $10,000 by Jim Sampson Motors.
On RadioDay 2019, Give Back Because You Care!
How you can help:
- Make a gift online today or by calling 1-877-567-8077
- Get your business to sign up for our Healthcare Hero Program. This is a point of sale program, where can you sell $2 healthcare hero badges to your customers. We provide all necessary materials
- Start a payroll deduction program or staff lottery where you work
- Start your own fundraiser, like a bake sale, car wash, bbq or community event
- Volunteer! To volunteer call Jennifer at (902) 567-7752 or email Foundation.CB@nshealth.ca
To learn more or to tell us about your fundraiser, contact Mark Inglis 902-567-7054
Some of the most notable projects and areas that have been funded through radio events include:
- The expansion of the Cape Breton Cancer Centre, which now treats 150 patients every day
- The purchase of CT Angiography technology to perform cardiac dye test in Cape Breton
- The purchase of a new Linear Accelerator for the Cape Breton Cancer Centre
- The purchase of a new monitoring system and other equipment for Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, which cares for more than 300 pre-mature and ill babies every year
- The renovation of the Pediatrics Unit, including 12 patient rooms, the creation of a family room and the toy room
- Funding for the Cancer Patient Care Fund, which provides financial assistance to up to 45-60 cancer patients each month for medical-related expenses
- Funding for the Pediatrics TLC Fund, which provides financial assistance to families for expenses occurred because of their child’s illness
- The purchase of various pieces of state-of-the-art and critical equipment for units throughout the Regional Hospital, like Renal Dialysis, the Intensive Care Unit, the Emergency Department, Palliative Care
- And more...