Radio Day 2017 #BecauseUCare
In nine years, our radio events have raised more than $4,300,000 in support of healthcare in Cape Breton.
Your donations have an incredible impact on our community, allowing more Cape Bretoners to get the care they need at home, near their family and friends.
We are counting on your support to fund these critical needs and strengthen the health of Cape Bretoners!
On October 5th, 2017, the Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation will celebrate Radioday 2017 #BecauseUCare.
This is Cape Breton’s most successful and highest profile fundraising event of the year.
This year, we are excited to continue to work on our Operation Heart Campaign with a focus on our operating rooms.
Operation Heart is a $1.35 million fundraising campaign that is focused on the operating room and cardiac care at the CB Regional Hospital
Help us keep patients home for their healthcare journey.
On RadioDay 2017, we'll be partnering with 101.9 The GIANT and New Country 1035 to raise funds, raise awareness and raise FUN.
We need you to give back this year. Giving back to your community shows that you care and invests in your own community.
The event will run from 6:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. at Cabot House, 500 Kings Rd, Sydney, N.S.
RadioDay 2017 is a day to give back where you live and prove that Cape Breton cares about their own community.
Help us keep patients home for their healthcare journey and remember that until no patient needs us, we need you.
Thanks to Meco Construction DKI, who will be our power hour sponosr from 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. In that hour, all funds raised will be matched by MECO Construction DKI up to $10,000.00
Thanks also to Jim Sampson Motors, who will be our power hour sponsor from 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. In that hour, all funds raised will be matched by Jim Sampson Motors up to $10,000.00
On RadioDay 2017, Give Back Because You Care!
How you can help:
- Make a gift online today or by calling 1-877-567-8077
- Get your business to sign up for our Healthcare Hero Program. This is a point of sale program, where you sell $1 or $2 hero badges to your customers. We provide all necessary materials
- Start a payroll deduction program or staff lottery where you work
- Start your own fundraiser, like a bake sale, car wash, bbq or community event
- Volunteer! To volunteer call Jennifer at (902) 567-7752 or email email@example.com
To learn more or to tell us about your fundraiser, contact Rochelle Hatcher at firstname.lastname@example.org
Some of the most notable projects and areas that have been funded through radio events include:
- The expansion of the Cape Breton Cancer Centre, which now treats 150 patients every day
- The purchase of CT Angiography technology to perform cardiac dye test in Cape Breton
- The purchase of a new Linear Accelerator for the Cape Breton Cancer Centre
- The purchase of a new monitoring system and other equipment for Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, which cares for more than 300 pre-mature and ill babies every year
- The renovation of the Pediatrics Unit, including 12 patient rooms, the creation of a family room and the toy room
- Funding for the Cancer Patient Care Fund, which provides financial assistance to up to 35 cancer patients each month for medical-related expenses
- Funding for the Pediatrics TLC Fund, which provides financial assistance to families for expenses occurred because of their child’s illness
- The purchase of various pieces of state-of-the-art and critical equipment for units throughout the Regional Hospital, like Renal Dialysis, the Intensive Care Unit, the Emergency Department, Palliative Care
- And more...