We're Hiring: Seeking a Communications Officer at the Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation
The Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation is seeking a qualified professional to fill the role of Communications Officer.
The Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation is an integral part of the health care community in our region, ensuring that critical equipment and services are available to residents of Cape Breton. As a registered charity, every dollar raised is used to strengthen healthcare for Cape Bretoners. Since 1990, the Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation has raised more than $38,000,000.
The Communications Officer’s responsibilities include:
- Develop strategic and donor centered marketing and communication materials in support of the annual business and stewardship plan to maximize fundraising revenues for all fundraising programs
- Manage marketing and communications tools including the website, donor newsletters, and social media channels
- Lead the development and implementation of an annual communications plan
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders such as the media, patients/families, volunteers and hospital staff
- Lead the development of patient stories and content for the Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation Radiothon
- In support of all fundraising programs, write communication pieces including the case for support, direct mail letters, press releases and web and social media content
- Coordinate donor recognition events
- Coordinate the Annual General Meeting including the production of the annual report
- Conduct research through initiatives such as donor surveys, participation in polls and donor and key stakeholder sessions
- Contribute in a collaborative and productive manner to Foundation-wide fundraising programs and initiatives. Work closely with Foundation colleagues to share knowledge, resources and optimize opportunities for donors.
- Represent the Foundation at community events where appropriate
- Work with outside vendors/partners where appropriate
- Other duties as assigned by the CEO and/or Fund Development Manager
- Strong writing skills
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Media relations experience
- Strategic management of website and social media channels
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders
- Public relations, journalism and/or marketing certification from a university or community college or equivalent experience
- Writing experience
- Work experience in the charitable / non-profit / special events sector would be considered an asset
Interested applicants should submit their Curriculum Vitae and cover letter no later than Wednesday, February 8th at 4:00pm.
Applications can be submitted to:
By mail: Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation
45 Weatherbee Road, Suite 209
Sydney, NS B1M OA1
In person: The Foundation office on the main floor of the Cape Breton Regional Hospital
Only those selected for an interview will be notified.
Madlyn's BLOG POST #2: Cancer Patient Care Fund
In 2017, an average of 5 people were diagnosed with cancer every day at the Cape Breton Cancer Centre. These people are our family, friends, and...
Sandra Schmirler Foundation makes $20,000 Donation to Cape Breton NICU
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 18, 2019
SYDNEY, N.S – On Saturday, February 16th, representatives...